Intermediate Grand Canyon Day Hike
Flagstaff: 7:45 - 5:15Williams: 8:30 - 5:00Tusayan: 9:30 - 3:30GC Village: 9:45 - 3:15
* All times are approximate see pickup and drop-off below.
Prices include lunch, entrance fees, gear, and taxes!
Our Intermediate Grand Canyon Hike is available from Flagstaff, Williams, Tusayan, and Grand Canyon Village. This hike is moderate to difficult and where we hike depends on the experience and physical ability of the day's group. You are guaranteed a day on the trail. The Intermediate Day Hike is for guests who want a physical challenge, a more intimate "below the rim" Canyon experience, or perhaps have visited the Canyon before.
Route & Trail Details
After pickup you will enjoy a scenic drive to the Grand Canyon South Rim where there will be a short orientation where your guide will asses the group and choose a trail based on that particular group's experience. Our Professional Guides are experts in the most incredible places and will use the "safety, fun, and learning" approach to their trail selection for your group.
Intermediate Day Hike Trail Selection
- South Kaibab Trail - This well-maintained corridor trail offers spectacular views of the Grand Canyon.
- Grandview Trail - The Grandview Trail is one of the best non-maintained trails in Grand Canyon for families and new hikers; it is an excellent trail to get away from the crowds.
- Hermit Trail - The Hermit Trail is non-maintained and provides a good challenge. This is a trail that will get you away from the crowds, so you can experience the true solitude of Grand Canyon.
- Bright Angel Trail - The Bright Angel Trail is one of the two corridor trails of the Grand Canyon. The Bright Angel Trail during certain times of the day can offer shade, while other trails may not offer this comfort.
Pickup & Drop-off
Your tour is guaranteed at least 5 hours in the park! Your pickup time will vary depending on your choice of stay place. Drop off times depend on group size, traffic, and hiking ability. We will confirm your exact pickup time at booking and you will also receive an email confirmation containing these details.
- Flagstaff Pickup: 7:45 - 8:00 AM
Flagstaff Drop-off: 4:00 - 5:15 PM
- Williams Pickup: 8:30 - 8:45 AM
Williams Drop-off: 4:15 - 5:15 PM
- Tusayan Pickup: 9:30 - 9:45 AM
Tusayan Drop-off: 3:30 - 3:45 PM
- GC Village Pickup: 9:45 - 10:00 AM
GC Village Drop-off: 3:15 - 3:30 PM
What to Bring
Our tour is all-inclusive and we strive to provide you everything you need to have a great day hiking. This includes lunch, snacks, water & beverages, and gear such as hiking poles, backpacks, and crampons (for icy conditions). However there are some things you will want to bring:
- Sturdy shoes with a good tread (sneakers, hiking shoes, hiking boots). We do not recommend brand-new hiking boots, it is much better if they are already broken in.
- Weather-appropriate clothing (varies by season)
- A good sun hat & sunglasses
- Sunscreen (guides also always carry extra sunscreen)
- If you need medications, please don't forget them.
Intermediate Day Hike Description
- Over 1000 awesome TripAdvisor Reviews
- Full-day hike on a Grand Canyon South Rim trail. Trail selection is at the guide’s discretion, according to our hiking principles: "Safety, Fun, and Learning."
- Hikes can be between 2.4 miles (3.9 km) and 4 miles (6.4 km), and over 1,100 vertical feet (335 m) one way. Typical duration of the dayhike is 4 to 5 hours.
- Travel safely in an ADOT certified touring vehicle.
- Hikes are limited to 7 guests.
- Professional Medically Trained guide.
- Picnic style lunch on the trail provided by Brandy's Restaurant featured on the Food Network show Diners, Drive-In's & Dives.
- Vegan, Vegetarian, and Gluten-free Lunch options available upon request.
- Bottled spring water, beverages, and trail-friendly snacks served throughout the tour.
- Proud member of Leave No Trace. Tread lightly, as our footprints should go unseen as we walk upon the Planet Earth.
The Intermediate Day Hike is a mid-length hike that can be enjoyed by guests who are fit and active. Guests travel with their guide to an introductory viewpoint, and then into the Canyon for a fully-narrated day on the trail. Guides share their intimate knowledge of local geology, flora and fauna, biology, natural and cultural history, while guests experience the rugged and vertical terrain around them.
Available from Flagstaff, Williams, Tusayan, and Grand Canyon Village, this hike is moderate to difficult and where we hike depends on hiking and physical ability of the group. You are guaranteed a day on the trail. Our experienced Professional Guides, fantastic picnic lunch which is served on the trail, and comfortable vehicles makes for a great Grand Canyon Day Hike.
Our tour is all-inclusive and we strive to provide you everything you need to have a great day hiking. This includes lunch, snacks, water & beverages, and gear such as hiking poles, backpacks, and crampons (for icy conditions). The Intermediate Day Hike includes round trip transportation from all Hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, and RV/Campgrounds in Flagstaff, Williams, Tusayan, and Grand Canyon Village. This is a full day on the trail and pickup and drop-off times depend on your stay place!
If you would prefer a Private Day Tour, we offer private day tours to guests staying in Flagstaff, Sedona, Williams, Tusayan, Grand Canyon Village, and Phoenix or Las Vegas. We also offer Private Day Hikes and Private Grand Canyon Backpacking trips. You are welcome to give us a call and talk to a tour planner now (928) 814-8887.
Intermediate Day Hike Pricing:
Kids (Age 7 to 15) $185
Prices include lunch, entrance fees, gear, and taxes!
Book Now! Call us at (928) 814-8887
eMail a Booking Agent