Grand Canyon Dayhiking What to Bring
All-Star Grand Canyon Tours provides Grand Canyon Hiking Tours, Private Day Hikes, and Private Group Backpacking trips year round. We at All-Star Grand Canyon Tours, Inc. provide all of the gear necessary, and the only items you need to bring are your clothes and personal items.
What to bring for your Grand Canyon Day Hiking & Private Day Hiking Trip:
- Sturdy shoes (make sure they are broken in), any type of shoe with a good tread will work. ie: Hiking boots, tennis shoes, hiking shoes. Please no high heeled shoes, dress shoes or flat soled shoes such as Vans
- Wide Brimmed Hat
- Sun block SPF 30+ (no large bottles)
- Money for souvenirs
- Lip balm with SPF
Warm Season Clothing
- Light colored T-shirt, cotton or synthetic will work.
- Shorts or comfortable pants (jeans are not recommended).
- Light colored long sleeved shirt, to cover your skin from the sun.
Cool Season Clothing
- Warm hat
- Synthetic Clothing (polypro, fleece).
- Thermal underwear.
- Long pants and shirt.
- Rain jacket / waterproof shell.
- Rain pants / wind pants.
All-Star Grand Canyon Tours, does provide day hikes on the corridor trails, but we encourage hiking in the less traveled areas of Grand Canyon. We believe hiking the Grand Canyon away from the crowds, is the way to fully enjoy your Grand Canyon Experience. Please call us to discuss the best options for your Grand Canyon hike.
For your protection we highly recommend that you consider purchasing at least a basic travel insurance package. Due to the unpredictable nature of adventure travel and the unforeseen circumstances that can occur, this would be a wise course to consider for your medical and financial well being as well as peace of mind while away from home. We recommend InsureMyTrip.com.