Grand Canyon Sunset Tour
Length: 10 - 11 Hours
* All times are approximate. You are guaranteed 5 hours in the park!
Prices are all-inclusive. Lunch, entrance fees and taxes included!
* This tour is only available May 1 to August 31 to ensure the best weather conditions. We do offer private tours including sunset year-round.
Tour Route & Viewpoints
Our daily Grand Canyon Sunset Tour is a full day tour (roughly Noon - Sunset)!
Guest pickups begin in Flagstaff at noon and it is approximately a two hour scenic drive to the Grand Canyon South Rim during which we will pick up guests in Williams and Tusayan. Once inside the Park we will continue along East Rim Drive visiting various viewpoints depending on the crowd and guide experience. Our Professional Guides are experts in the most incredible places and the best times to visit viewpoints in Grand Canyon National Park. This guarantees that you will visit incredible viewpoints and have the best sunset viewing possible. We will spend at least 5 hours in the park.
Daily Grand Canyon Day Tour Viewpoints
- Grand Canyon Village - This section of the park contains a number of historic buildings, the Grand Canyon Railway Station, shops and restaurants.
- Yavapai Point - This vista is the most expansive view of Grand Canyon and is home to Herbert Maier's historic Yavapai Observation Station.
- Mather Point - This viewing area is quite extensive - the point has two narrow, railed overlooks built on projecting rocks and is near the Visitor Center.
- Grandview Point - This viewpoint, developed in 1892 by Pete Berry as a copper mining operation, was an original destination for Grand Canyon tours. This viewpoint is reached by a one mile side road, that juts out on a peninsula providing expansive views of the Grand Canyon.
- Moran Point - This viewpoint offers far reaching views along a wide section of the Grand Canyon, approximately between river miles 87 and 72. The point is due south of Cape Royal on the North Rim.
- Tusayan Ruins - The Tusayan Ruins and Museum are excellent places to take a glimpse into the lives of the native peoples of the region. * This is typically where we enjoy our picnic lunch.
- Lipan Point - This vista has the best view of the Colorado River on our Daily Grand Canyon Tour, and is a favorite stop for our guides as well as guests.
- Desert View - This is the easternmost viewpoint at Grand Canyon National Park and home to Mary Colter's historic Desert View Watchtower. The tower was built in 1932, right on the cliff edge and visible for many miles across this part of the Canyon.
Pickup Times & Locations, Sunset Times
For people traveling from Phoenix or Sedona on the day of your tour, we recommend meeting us at the Hampton Inn & Suites West.
There are over 200 Hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, and RV Parks in Flagstaff, Williams, Tusayan, and the Grand Canyon Village. We pick up at all of them, and also can pick up at many Air B&B's if they are easily along the route (call us if you have an Air B&B). That said, your tour will only include up to 10 guests so there will be very few stops on any given tour. We group the tours as best as we can to minimize pickup and drop-off times. Below are the basic pickup times for each town. You will get an exact pickup time when you define your accommodations during the booking process:
Flagstaff: 12:00PM - 12:30PM
Williams: 1:00PM - 1:15PM
Tusayan: 2:00PM - 2:15PM
Grand Canyon Village: 2:15PM - 2:30PM
Sunset times range from 7:00PM to 7:50PM during the May to August time frame. Sunset is about 7:00PM at the beginning of May and gets later until the Summer Solstice on July 21st when it will be 7:50 PM. After solstice the sunsets get earlier by a few minutes each day until it is back at about 7:00PM on August 31. Our guides will ensure you are in position at the best available viewpoint to watch the sun set and the stars come out.
Drop-off back at your hotel will be largely dependent on the time of sunset and which town you are in. Flagstaff is furthest from the Canyon and could be as late as 10:30PM.
Grand Canyon Sunset Tour Description
- Over 1800 amazing 5 star Trip Advisor Reviews
- Door to door transportation in a safe ADOT certified leather-bound touring van or SUV.
- Tours are limited to 10 guests.
- Sunset viewing in Grand Canyon National Park at a guide-chosen viewpoint.
- Great for all ages! Not a lot of walking, but not just stuck in a vehicle all day.
- Friendly, professional, and knowledgeable guides.
- Guide interpretation includes geology, history, plant and animal life, as well as the peoples of the Canyon throughout time.
- High powered spotting scope available for viewing the Canyon, wildlife, and the Colorado River.
- Delicious lunch is provided by Brandy's Restaurant, featured on the Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives.
- Vegan, Vegetarian, and Gluten-free lunch options available upon request.
- We use real silverware, ceramic plates, and linen for our picnic lunch.
- Bottled spring water, beverages, and snacks served throughout the tour.
- Fantastic photo opportunities throughout the day and sunset.
- Proud member of Leave No Trace. Tread lightly, as our footprints should go unseen as we walk upon the Planet Earth.
Our experienced, Professional Guides will pick you up at your hotel, bed & breakfast or campground and drop you off right back there at the end of an amazing day. Our daily Grand Canyon Sunset Tour will spend more time at the viewpoints of the Canyon rather than in the vehicle. Grab your camera and leave the lunch, snacks, beverages, and driving to us!
Guests are never more than five to ten minutes away from the vehicle as they visit several major viewpoints and other stops. Throughout the fully-narrated day, guides share their knowledge of local geology, flora and fauna, biology, natural and cultural history. Guides also share views through a high-powered spotting scope, catching sight of mules, rapids, mining areas, wildlife, and hikers while visiting the different vistas within the Park.
Our daily sunset tour allows guests plenty of time at each stop to enjoy the views, take photos, and learn fun and interesting information from your guide. We will take you to the best viewpoint for sunset based on guide knowledge, crowd size, and weather.
Don't worry about packing a lunch, snacks, beverages, or even water. We have you covered with snacks and drinks an arm's reach away all day long. Our tour price is all-inclusive and there are no hidden fees at checkout and includes Grand Canyon entrance fees and tax. What you see is what you pay!
Book Now! Call (928) 814-8887
Looking for a little more adventure such as a day hike? Maybe you want to have more control over your day? Are you staying in Phoenix or Las Vegas? We also offer the following options:
- Customized Private Grand Canyon Day Tour from Flagstaff, Sedona, Williams, Tusayan, & Grand Canyon Village
- Day Hike with Rim Tour including transportation from Flagstaff, Williams, Tusayan, and Grand Canyon Village
- A full day on the trail including transportation from Flagstaff, Williams, Tusayan, and Grand Canyon Village
- Customized Private Grand Canyon Day Hike from Flagstaff, Sedona, Williams, Tusayan, & Grand Canyon Village
- VIP Tour from Phoenix
- VIP Tour from Vegas
- Grand Canyon Backpacking Tours
- Multi-day Private Tours