Sunset Tour from Grand Canyon Village
Duration: 3 - 4 Hours
May 1 to Sep 14: 4:00 PM
Sep 15 to Oct 15: 3:00 PM
Backcountry Info Center
Map | Directions
Meet us in the Park for a Sunset Half-Day Tour!
Pickup Location: Backcountry Info Center
Please meet your Guide in the parking lot on the North side. There is usually lots of parking available.
Finish off your day at Grand Canyon in perfect fashion — under the setting sun with All-Star. Join us for a sunset sightseeing tour like no other. This incredible 3 to 4 hour sightseeing tour includes amazing viewpoints, a knowledgable, professional All-Star Guide, and an air conditioned / heated vehicle that only seats up to 10 guests. Our touring vans and SUVs are fully enclosed and have all leather customized interiors that guarantee comfort and high visibility. Keep cool on hot days! No wind, no need for a blanket on chilly days, and best of all -- no bugs in your teeth!
* This tour does not include hotel pick-up or lunch. Nor does it include Grand Canyon National Park Entrance Fees, which is a 7 day pass.
Tour dates are available from May 1st to October 15 only.
Tour Route & View Points
Daily Grand Canyon Half-Day Tour View Points
While we don't get to visit every viewpoint on this list, our knowledgable Guides will choose the best views and sunset viewing location each day based on weather, visibility, crowds, traffic, and general Park conditions. You are sure to have at least 2.5 hours (depending on time of sunset) at some of the viewpoints listed below.
May 1 - 7:15 PM
June 1 - 7:40 PM
Solstice (June 21): 7:49 PM (longest day)
July 1 - 7:49 PM
August 1 - 7:33 PM
September 1 - 6:56 PM
October 1 - 6:12 PM
October 15 - 5:52 PM
- Grand Canyon Village - This section of the park contains a number of historic buildings, the Grand Canyon Railway Station, shops and restaurants.
- Yavapai Point - This vista is the most expansive view of Grand Canyon and is home to Herbert Maier's historic Yavapai Observation Station.
- Mather Point - This viewing area is quite extensive - the point has two narrow, railed overlooks built on projecting rocks and is near the Visitor Center.
- Grandview Point - This viewpoint, developed in 1892 by Pete Berry as a copper mining operation, was an original destination for Grand Canyon tours. This view point is reached by a short side road, that juts out on a peninsula providing expansive views of the Grand Canyon.
- Moran Point - This viewpoint offers far reaching views along a wide section of the Grand Canyon, approximately between river miles 72 and 87. The point is due south of Cape Royal on the North Rim.
- Tusayan Ruins - The Tusayan Ruins and Museum are excellent places to take a glimpse into the lives of the native peoples of the region.
- Lipan Point - This vista has the best view of the Colorado River on our Daily Grand Canyon Tour, and is a favorite stop for our guides as well as guests.
- Desert View - This is the easternmost viewpoint at Grand Canyon National Park and home to Mary Colter's historic Desert View Watchtower. The tower was built in 1932, right on the cliff edge and visible for many miles across this part of the Canyon.
Check-In Time & Location
May 1 to Sep 14: 4:00 PM
Sep 15 to Oct 15: 3:00 PM
Check-In Location: Backcountry Information Center. Parking Lot D
[ Interactive Map | Directions ]
Grand Canyon Half-Day Tour Description
- A fantastic sunset viewing (Mother Nature dependent) at a Guide chosen location
- Over 1600 amazing Trip Advisor Reviews
- Licensed, Insured, Professional Guide (who is great fun too!).
- SUV or 10 passenger van with leather captain seats, armrests, USB ports, and a center aisle. AC to keep cool! No need for blankets to keep warm, and no bugs stuck in your teeth!
- Cold drinks and snacks freely available throughout the tour.
- Great for all ages! Not a lot of walking, but not just stuck in a vehicle the entire tour.
- Approximately 3.5 hours of tour time within Grand Canyon National Park.
- High-powered spotting scope, which enables guests to see vistas, mules, rapids, mining areas, and wildlife up close and personal.
- Fantastic photo opportunities throughout the tour.
- All transportation to and from the Backcountry Office at the Grand Canyon Village and taxes are included in advertised price.
- Vehicles are safe, comfortable, & ADOT certified.
- Proud member of Leave No Trace. Tread lightly, as our footprints should go unseen as we walk upon the Planet Earth.
The All-Star Sunset Tour is a 3 to 4 hour vehicle-based sightseeing Rim tour of Grand Canyon National Park. The tour length depends on time of sunset. After meeting us at the Backcountry Information Center Parking Lot, your Guide will take you to visit viewpoints and significant locations along the South Rim, and end with an unforgettable sunset over one of the world’s most spectacular natural wonders.
You are never more than about five minutes away from the fully enclosed, air conditioned / heated vehicle as you visit several major viewpoints along the Rim. Throughout the fully-narrated tour, Guides share their knowledge of local geology, flora and fauna, biology / ecology, and, natural and cultural history. Guides also share views through a high-powered spotting scope, catching sight of mules, rapids, mining areas, wildlife, and hikers while visiting the different viewpoints within the Park.
The All-Star Sunset Tour always allows you plenty of time at each stop to enjoy the views, take photos, and learn fun and interesting information from your Guide. The sightseeing tours do not allow for hiking below the Rim of the Grand Canyon.
Don't worry about packing snacks, beverages, or even water. We have you covered with snacks and drinks an arm's reach away all tour long. Our tour price is all-inclusive and there are no hidden fees at checkout and include tax. What you see is what you pay!
Book Now! Call (928) 814-8887
Looking for a little more adventure such as a day hike? Maybe you want to have more control over your day? Are you staying in Phoenix or Las Vegas? We also offer the following options:
- Customized Private Grand Canyon Day Tour from Flagstaff, Sedona, Williams, Tusayan, & Grand Canyon Village
- Day Hike with Rim Tour including transportation from Flagstaff, Williams, Tusayan, and Grand Canyon Village
- A full day on the trail including transportation from Flagstaff, Williams, Tusayan, and Grand Canyon Village
- Customized Private Grand Canyon Day Hike from Flagstaff, Sedona, Williams, Tusayan, & Grand Canyon Village
- VIP Tour from Phoenix
- VIP Tour from Vegas
- Grand Canyon Backpacking Tours
- Multi-day Private Tours