Private Grand Canyon Day Hikes
At All-Star Grand Canyon Tours we provide Private Day Hikes for individuals, families, groups of friends both large and small, as well as corporations with large groups.
Your tour can include the following:
- Pickup and drop-off available from Flagstaff, Williams, Tusayan, or Grand Canyon Village and Sedona. For Phoenix click here. For Las Vegas click here.
- A customized day of guest chosen activities
- Door to door transportation in a safe ADOT certified leather-bound touring van or SUV.
- Friendly, professional, and knowledgable guides with Wilderness First Responder Certification as well as health department food handlers certification.
- Amazing sunset viewing.
- Trekking poles, day packs, and other necessary equipment provided for day hikes
- Customizable energy sustaining snack menu can include gourmet meats & cheeses, organic crisps, sweets, energy bars, seasonal organic fruits and more.
- Customizable non-alcoholic beverage cooler will include water, energy drinks, sodas & organic ice teas with special requests welcome.
- Delicious Picnic Lunch prepared by a local organic caterer from our fully customizable picnic menu which includes a selection of delicious sandwiches and salads such as an organic roasted turkey breast on artisan bread with creamy pesto aioli and olive tapenade accompanied by organic currant & broccoli salad.
- Vegan, Vegetarian, and Gluten-free lunch options available upon request.
Here are some of our favorite trails to hike. However we will tailor the trip to your specifications, you can see a more exhaustive trails list here (includes more descriptions as well as history links.):
- Rim Trail
The Rim Trail extends from the village area to Hermits Rest. Begin from any viewpoint in the Village or along Hermit Road. The Rim Trail offers excellent walking for quiet views of the inner canyon and for visitors who desire an easy hike. No water west of Bright Angel Lodge. By using the shuttle buses, you can customize your hike to meet your needs. Part of the trail is paved and accessible.
- Bright Angel Trail
(Steep) The Bright Angel Trail begins just west of Bright Angel Lodge and offers day hikes that range in distance up to 12 miles (round trip). Some shade. Seasonal water subject to pipeline breaks. Check at the Visitor Center or Backcountry Information Center for water status. Upper portion of the trail may be extremely icy in winter or early spring.
- South Kaibab Trail
(Steep) The South Kaibab Trail begins south of Yaki Point on Yaki Point Road. Access to the trailhead is by shuttle bus (Kaibab Trail Route). Offers day hikes that range in distance up to 6 miles (round trip). Best views for a relatively short hike. Steep trail, no water, little shade. Water available seasonally at the trailhead. Upper portion of the trail may be extremely icy in winter or early spring.
- Hermit Trail
(Steep) The Hermit Trail offers hikes to Santa Maria Spring, 5 miles (round trip), and Dripping Springs, 7 miles (round trip). Trail conditions are tougher than the Bright Angel and South Kaibab Trails. Unmaintained steep trail requires caution. Begins 500 feet west of Hermits Rest. Water from springs must be treated before drinking. For experienced desert hikers. Hiking boots recommended.
- Grandview Trail
(Very Steep) The Grandview Trail offers hikes to Coconino Saddle, 2.2 miles (round trip), and Horseshoe Mesa, 6.4 miles (round trip). Trail conditions are tougher than the Bright Angel and South Kaibab Trails. Unmaintained steep trail requires caution. Begins on canyon side of retaining wall at Grandview Point on Desert View Drive (12 miles east of village). For experienced desert hikers. Hiking boots recommended.
Private Day hikes can be an effortless "walk in the park" or a challenging hike several miles into the steep but breathtaking terrain of Grand Canyon as well as several other destinations (Please see our Southwest Excursions page for details). Our professional guides will ensure your safety and comfort by tailoring the itinerary to fit you and your group's level of activity. As with all of our private tours any gear and equipment needed will be provided. Call us today and begin planning you ideal Private Grand Canyon Day Hike with our expert staff.
A Few Ideas
Curious, but Cautious - This hike is for less experienced hikers wanting to begin exploring life inside the canyon. The custom nature of this hike allows your guide to accommodate to your pace and desires.
Solitude Special - Experience the canyon without the masses. This hike can be as mild or intense as you desire. Call and we will arrange a perfect itinerary for you.
Extensive Exploration - Explore the canyon and discover its hidden secrets. Your guide will bring you on a trek below the rim to discover things most people haven't even imagined.
Let's get started! Call Now (928) 814-8887
Not quite what you were looking for? Are you staying in Phoenix, Las Vegas, or Sedona? We also offer the following options:
- Day Hike with Rim Tour including transportation from Flagstaff, Williams, Tusayan, and Grand Canyon Village
- A full day on the trail including transportation from Flagstaff, Williams, Tusayan, and Grand Canyon Village
- Small group sightseeing tours from Flagstaff, Williams, Tusayan, & Grand Canyon Village
- VIP Tour from Phoenix
- VIP Tour from Vegas
- Private Tour from Sedona
- Grand Canyon Backpacking Tours
- Multi-day Private Tours
For your protection we recommend that you consider purchasing travel insurance; We recommend a travel insurance package such as: InsureMyTrip.com.