Beginner Grand Canyon Day Hike
Flagstaff: 7:45 - 5:15Williams: 8:30 - 5:00Tusayan: 9:30 - 3:30GC Village: 9:45 - 3:15
* All times are approximate see pickup and drop-off below.
Prices include lunch, entrance fees, gear, and taxes!
By far our most popular hiking tour, the beginner dayhike and tour offers guests varying views of the Canyon, from the inside out. The beginner dayhike and tour is for guests who want to enjoy an excellent overview of the Grand Canyon, but also spend some time below the Rim.
Tour Route & View Points
Our Beginner Day Hike with Tour includes round trip transportation from all Hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, and RV/Campgrounds in Flagstaff, Williams, Tusayan, and Grand Canyon Village. This is a full day tour and pickup and drop-off times depend on your stay place!
After pickup you will enjoy a scenic drive to the Grand Canyon South Rim where there will be a short orientation before beginning the hike. Our Professional Guides are experts in the most incredible places and the best times to visit viewpoints in Grand Canyon National Park.
Our beginner dayhike and tour is a "best-of-both-worlds" tour of the South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park. Guests will be guided on a "below the Rim" experience on the South Kaibab trail (known for its dramatic design and construction, and overwhelming views) and a South Rim sightseeing tour.
Possible Beginner Day Hike & Tour View Points
- South Kaibab Trail - This well maintained corridor trail offers spectacular views of the Grand Canyon. We use this trail for the hike out to Ooh Aah Point. We will enjoy lunch at this viewpoint.
- Grand Canyon Village - This section of the park contains a number of historic buildings, the Grand Canyon Railway Station, shops and restaurants.
- Yavapai Point - This vista is the most expansive view of Grand Canyon and is home to Mary Colter's Yavapai Observation Station.
- Mather Point - This viewing area is quite extensive - the point has two narrow, railed overlooks built on projecting rocks and is beside the Visitor Center.
- Grandview Point - This viewpoint was the original destination for Grand Canyon Tours, started in 1892 by Pete Berry as a copper mining operation. This view point is reached by a one mile side road, that juts out on a peninsula providing expansive views of the Grand Canyon.
- Tusayan Ruins - The Tusayan Ruins and Museum are excellent places to take a glimpse into the lives of the native peoples of the region.
- Lipan Point - This vista has the best view of the Colorado River on our Daily Grand Canyon Tour, and is a favorite stop for our guides as well as guests.
- Desert View - This is the eastern most view point at Grand Canyon National Park and home to Mary Colter's historic Desert View Watchtower. The tower was built in 1932, right on the cliff edge and visible for many miles across this part of the Canyon.
Pickup & Drop-off
Your tour is guaranteed at least 5 hours in the park! Your pickup time will vary depending on your choice of stay place. Drop off times depend on group size, traffic, and hiking ability. We will confirm your exact pickup time at booking and you will also receive an email confirmation containing these details.
- Flagstaff Pickup: 7:45 - 8:00 AM
Flagstaff Drop-off: 4:00 - 5:15 PM
- Williams Pickup: 8:30 - 8:45 AM
Williams Drop-off: 4:15 - 5:15 PM
- Tusayan Pickup: 9:30 - 9:45 AM
Tusayan Drop-off: 3:30 - 3:45 PM
- GC Village Pickup: 9:45 - 10:00 AM
GC Village Drop-off: 3:15 - 3:30 PM
What to Bring
Our tour is all-inclusive and we strive to provide you everything you need to have a great day hiking. This includes lunch, snacks, water & beverages, and gear such as hiking poles, backpacks, and crampons (for icy conditions). However there are some things you will want to bring:
- Sturdy shoes with a good tread (sneakers, hiking shoes, hiking boots). We do not recommend brand-new hiking boots, it is much better if they are already broken in.
- Weather-appropriate clothing (varies by season)
- A good sun hat & sunglasses
- Sunscreen (guides also always carry extra sunscreen)
- If you need medications, please don't forget them.
Beginner Day Hike with Tour Description
- Over 1000 awesome TripAdvisor Reviews
- Travel safely in an ADOT certified touring vehicle.
- Tours are limited to 7 guests.
- Professional Medically Trained guide.
- Picnic style lunch on the trail provided by Brandy's Restaurant featured on the Food Network show Diners, Drive-In's & Dives.
- Vegan, Vegetarian, and Gluten-free Lunch options available upon request.
- Bottled spring water, beverages, and snacks served throughout the tour.
- High-powered spotting scope, which enables guests to see mules, rapids, ruins, mining areas, wildlife & hikers within the Canyon.
- Proud member of Leave No Trace. Tread lightly, as our footprints should go unseen as we walk upon the Planet Earth.
Our Beginner Day Hike with Tour includes round-trip transportation from your hotel in Flagstaff, Williams, Tusayan, and Grand Canyon Village. Our experienced Professional Guides, fantastic picnic lunch served on the trail, and comfortable vehicles add up to the best Grand Canyon Tour. Your day will start with a visit to a viewpoint and then to the South Kaibab trailhead where you will enjoy a hike out to Ooh Aah Point. We will eat lunch at the viewpoint and then continue touring the South and East Rims by vehicle.
The hike can be enjoyed by guests of nearly any age (7 years of age or older) who are fit and well. Along with the hike, guests travel with their guide to other major South Rim viewpoints. Throughout the fully-narrated day, guides share their knowledge of local geology, flora and fauna, biology, natural and cultural history. Guides also share views through a high-powered spotting scope, catching sight of mules, rapids, ancient ruins, mining areas, wildlife, and hikers while visiting the different vistas within the Park.
If you would prefer a Private Day Tour, we offer private day tours to guests staying in Flagstaff, Sedona, Williams, Tusayan, Grand Canyon Village, and Phoenix or Las Vegas. We also offer Private Day Hikes and Private Grand Canyon Backpacking trips. You are welcome to give us a call and talk to a tour planner now (928) 814-8887.
Beginner Day Hike with Tour Pricing:
Kids (Age 7 to 15) $185
Prices include lunch, entrance fees, gear, and taxes!
Book Now! Call us at (928) 814-8887
eMail a Booking Agent