Grand Canyon Backpacking
All-Star Grand Canyon Tours provides private Grand Canyon backpacking tours. We feel private hikes are the safest and finest way to enjoy backpacking Grand Canyon. Our staff will create a customized itinerary for your Grand Canyon backpacking trip that will best suit your family / group's needs. Hiking with All-Star Grand Canyon Tour's private Grand Canyon guides will ensure your needs are met. All backpacking equipment and hiking permits are provided. All necessary camping gear is provided, and we provide the finest gear in the industry; see our links page.
Backpacking Grand Canyon requires careful planning to ensure the safety of your family/group. All-Star Grand Canyon Tours provides professional guides that are medically trained and have vast knowledge of the area. Our guides gained years of experience by guiding the trails you will be hiking in Grand Canyon. Hauling a large backpack is not always appropriate or desirable for some hikers that wish to backpack Grand Canyon. So, when planning your trip, optional additional guides are available to carry most, if not all of the gear needed for your backpacking adventure.
Sustenance is extremely important when hiking Grand Canyon. Backpacking in Grand Canyon requires that hikers constantly refuel throughout the day to keep energy levels up. All-Star Grand Canyon Tours provides hikers with the necessary nourishment with energy boosting organic snacks and fresh cuisine at meal time that is customized to your specific dietary needs. We do not offer dehydrated meals and pride ourselves on using local, fresh and organic ingredients when available.
Our private Grand Canyon backpacking tours go to all permitted backpacking areas in Grand Canyon National Park, as well as the Havasupai Reservation; known for it's turquoise water and the legendary Havasu Falls.
(All itineraries are customized to best suite your hiking / backpacking needs)
We offer private guided backpacking tours to the following locations:
- Bright Angel Trail
- South Kaibab Trail
- North Kaibab Trail
- Rim to Rim
- Indian Gardens
- Phantom Ranch
- Grandview Trail/ Horseshoe Mesa
- Deer Creek / Thunder River
- Hermit Trail
- Tonto Trail
- New Hance Trail
- Havasu Falls / Havasupai Reservation
- North and South Bass Trails
- As well as many other locations in the Grand Canyon....please inquire!
Prices for Backpacking Grand Canyon:
Base on 2 - 4 hikers and 1 guide (see below for adding extra guides)
- 1 night / 2 days - $2,400.00
- 2 nights / 3 days - $3,500.00
- 3 nights / 4 days - $4,300.00
- 4 nights / 5 days - $5,000.00
- 5 nights / 6 days - $5,600.00
*10% discount off base cost for single hiker
*Extra guides cost $300.00 per guide per day
The following is included for each day rendered on your Grand Canyon Backpacking Trip:
- Professional guide / guides with no less than 10 years experience & carries the Wilderness First Responder Certification
- All gear necessary for backpacking (backpacks, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, tents, trekking poles, crampons when needed, everything needed for cooking etc.). Hikers are responsible for their personal gear (clothing, toiletries, etc.)
- All meals, energy-sustaining snacks & non-alcoholic beverages. Typical snacks include gourmet meats & cheeses, organic crisps, sweets, energy bars & organic fruits. Beverages consist of water and electrolyte replenishing fluids. Backpacking meals are planned around your dietary preferences.
- All meals while backpacking prepped by a local Restauranteur/Chef & partner, then prepared and cooked by your guide / guides.
- Local transportation by luxury SUV to and from trailhead.
- All Permits and Entrance fees for your Private Grand Canyon Backpacking Trip
For your protection we highly recommend that you consider purchasing at least a basic travel insurance package. Due to the unpredictable nature of adventure travel and the unforeseen circumstances that can occur, this would be a wise course to consider for your medical and financial well being as well as peace of mind while away from home. We recommend InsureMyTrip.com.